Work and things in between


Supposedly today, I will start my job at Ranhill Worley as a Project Engineer. But yesterday they called and asked me to start on Sunday instead, together with another new staff. Nice! So I can have today's off and settled other things that have long been left unattended (my home, my business etc...) This would be my fourth job since I graduated. A month as a teacher, 3 month of BEST course (can this be considered a job? I am paid though...), 3 month as an instructor/lecturer and here's my new job! I hope that I stay this time

The thought of working in a big company like Ranhill Worley send me shivers. I don't know what to expect. Many of my colleagues at my previous workplace said that I'm going to have a very busy life after this as compared to now. Some said I will have to get used to visiting site and be tough! It is a man job they said. I have asked the interviewer during my interview session about the job. He said that it is more on management and academics rather than technical. I think I prefer it that way. One of my usrati who is a Project Engineer herself told me that most of the time I'll be in the office except if I really want to see the site which is not that frequent. Okay... that looks good too. I don't know...we'll see...I'll write more about it later.

And so, we had a farewell lunch yesterday organized by my colleagues. They were all very nice to held such celebration, considering that I have only spent 3 months there. There are LOTS of food! (which was my favourite part) I bought a huge box of Big Apple Donut as a token of appreciation. Thank you... thank you... thank you everyone!

The Mochachino cake by Kak Leni. Can order here!

After the event, I went back to my office. Prepare last tutorial sheets for my student, fighting with the photostat machine after that, return the reference books to the library and tidied up my office. Working in TATiUC was a pleasant experience, I would say. I'm moving out not because of anything bad there but simply I just want to venture into other type of experience which is working in real oil and gas industry. If we are talking about the pay, I got higher pays in TATiUC compared to what Ranhill offers. It is just that I would like to put my 3 years of university study into practice. But I know one day I will be back to the academic field. I think...

Farewell, my office...hukhuk! I'm going to miss the moment here

Looking back, I'm glad that I actually leave something upon my leaving. I spend my 3 months there working to improve the laboratory management and documentation, while it has long been abandoned by the guys (I am the only female instructor working there). And it paid off by the audit visit from a regulatory body last week where they found out that everything in a satisfactory condition. We have all the required documentation and records, yeah! My mission when I first came in was, I wanted to make sure that the laboratory will gain ISO certification for Good Laboratory Management. But, I'm leaving and I hope that my other colleagues will continue my quest.

For me, when people pay you, they put trust in you and want you to give out the best that you can. What's more, it is the amanah and we will be questioned for it. I could choose to just sit around in my office and browsing the internet for the whole day when I was in TATiUC, as the student were not around so technically means, no work. But I simply thought that I don't want to feed myself with haraam money. And so I would be looking for work every time I am at my work place and spent my sweat on it. By the end of the day it gave me satisfaction and it was such a relief knowing that I'm paid for something!

But there were days when there were really nothing to do and so I spent the bored hours browsing internet (as that was the only mean of entertainment) I felt guilty though.... But thanx to my beloved usrati (back in Manchester) who forwarded me an article from Ust Zaharudin's site. The article discussed about the Islamic views of spending time browsing internet during leisure hours at work place. And it has somehow gave me a relief. You can read the article HERE. Ustaz has elaborated it in very detail.

As for my plan for furthering study, I think I put it into a halt first. I wanted to get use to my new workplace and my new daily routine before I'm thinking about adding other commitment. As for Muhammad, I am happy for him as he got the offer to further his postgraduate study in UTM. Alhamdulillah! So next week we'll be going to Skudai for his registration. He will be doing it part time and his classes will be on weekend. This means less free time! I think I should prepare myself to be mentally and emotionally strong to support him throughout this journey. I don't think that we could afford to do too many things at the same time; our tarbiyah dan dakwah, work, business and study. So I'm sparing my time to support Muhammad and I'll continue my study when he finishes insyaAllah.

May Allah guide and help us... ameen.


5 kopi panas..:

hleni berkata...

sorry for the very bad hand writing!!if hubby was around he's the one yg tulis2 nih:(

Mengkuang berduri berkata...

ye la.. cepat sgt nk tinggalkan kami.. nama penuh pun tak tau lagi...

Unknown berkata...

Kak Leni,

Okay apa handwriting tuh...hoho!Boleh dipahami la jugak apa yg cube ditulih...

Unknown berkata...

Kak Marsita,

Cam kenal jek dialog tuh...hoho!

Mengkuang berduri berkata...

hehehe... tiru ayat En. Rahman tu...