Salam..
To those who wonder whether this blog owner has already giving birth looking at the long abandoned blog, fear not. She is still pregnant and happily penguining (definition: walking like a penguin) around. It is just that she is in her third trimester and the pregnancy has starting to take its toll on her. Back home from work, she usually collapsed. Wake up just for prayers, dinner and then go back to sleep. So there are really no time to update anymore though she has so much things and stories to share.
Had 36 weeks antenatal check up yesterday. 36 weeks??? I could hardly believe I am finally reaching that big number! Alhamdulillah all praise to Allah for taking care of us throughout this journey. Looking back, I would say that I am granted with a relatively easy smooth sailing pregnancy. No classic morning sickness during first trimester, no extreme cravings for weird foods etc. I hope the sun keep on shining and would be granted with an easy labour as well. (hehe... is that too much to hope for?) I did enjoyed my pregnancy very much, the precious experiences, the love and attentions, those lovely kicks and punches and my daily chats with the little one.
Anyway, back to my 36 weeks check up story. Through out this week, I have been experiencing pelvic pain. It is painful especially when I need to get up, walk and even turning on bed is one difficult task for me nowadays. I would spent hours on bed just to get a right position which could alleviate the pain before I could fall asleep. Then I would be woken up again as I need to change position and it is just too painful to do it. Walking feels like I am carrying a bowling ball between my legs! Huuu... I guess this is the only down that I have with my pregnancy so I should be grateful and bear with it.
So, the first thing that I tell the doc during our check-up was about this pelvic pain. She just smiled, kind of expecting it around this time of pregnancy. Then we did the scan. No wonder... Our little one has just figured out the exit entrance from his cave to the world, he's head is already engaged. So the pain is caused by the ligament softening, which increase the flexibility of my pubic bone thus it could expand and making more room for the little one. There is nothing that the doc could do to help me alleviate the pain except giving me mild painkillers if it gets worse and unbearable. Other than that, I just have to endure it and pray for the labour to come!

Then the doc tried to measure Fateh's growth as usual. As he is already cramped up inside, it was quite difficult for the doc to get definite measurement, especially his BPD. It is estimated that his weight now is 2.8 kg!!
"Seems like you are having a big baby. 2.8 kg is considered quiet big for his age now."
Okay... breath, mummy.
"I expected him to be around 3 kg when he's born but that will also depends on when he decided to come out." the doc added with a smile.
When we had our check up last two weeks, he was just around 2.1 kg and I thought he was small for 34 week-ers. I thought I haven't eat enough for my baby. So within the two weeks time before this visit I was eating like crazy. And I suddenly became sweet tooth too, craving for chocolates almost every day. Now, there you have it. A plump baby inside my tummy and guess how much my weight this week? 80kg! Can you believe it? 3 kg in two weeks! Such a mummy monster.
Then the doc tried looking for his umbilical cord, and measured the rate of blood pulsating through it. The swoosh, swoosh sound was similar to the sound of his heartbeat, that horse-galloping sound. It is just to make sure that the cord did not get in his way, became stuck or constricted. The doc said that 36 weeks is a borderline and the baby could be considered full term by next week, so I should be expecting delivery anytime soon! She said after this I should come for weekly check up and she booked me for CTG session next week. To graph the baby's heartbeat and movements, just to make sure he's doing fine and to detect any uterine contractions. I'm looking forward for it.
Okay, nak tulis BM pulak. Seperti yang diketahui Ayah sejak kebelakangan ni agak sibuk dengan projek membaik pulih platform yang terbakar hari tu. Dua minggu Ayah pergi Jakarta tinggalkan Ibu dan Fateh. Lepas tu sambung seminggu di Singapura dan seminggu lagi di Kuala Lumpur. Sekarang masih lagi on-off ke sana kalau ada mesyuarat penting. Sampailah Ibu dah 36 minggu ni. Akhirnya, Ayah janji kalau check-up minggu ni doktor kata Fateh dah masuk jalan, Ayah tak akan pergi mana-mana dah. Yeay!
Jadinya, sekarang secara rasminya Ayah telah dikenakan perintah berkurung oleh Ibu.. hehehe! Ayah suruh kerja lagi seminggu, lepas tu tengok apa doktor kata lepas buat CTG minggu depan. Kalau dah ada tanda-tanda, Ayah suruh ambil MC dan pindah ke rumah mak di Kuantan. Sebabnya Ayah tak boleh bayangkan drive balik Kuantan sambil ada perempuan meraung-raung sakit sebelah dia. Haha! Satu setengah jam tu dari Kerteh ke Kuantan. Setakat ni, rancangannya nak bersalin dengan Dr. Su di KMC. Harapnya tercapailah impian itu. Huhu!
3 kopi panas..:
alhamdulillah!
moga dipermudahkan buat si kecil dan ibunya nanti!
let me know, maybe i can come to kuantan to pay my nephew a visit.
tak sabar nak tgk fateh...for all this while hanya ibu fateh yang tlg jawab bagi pihak fateh...and I pray that ibu fateh selamat lahirkan fateh dan mulakan kem diet nanti...
note: akan merindui fateh yang duduk dalam perut ibu nanti...
kak yana! moga semua selamat ye. (saya lak yang excited!) :)))
yin
Catat Ulasan